Living for Christ

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Fieldtrip

Yesterday I went on a fieldtrip with my daughter, Kristin. We went to a place called Appleworks. It is an orchard, but they have other things too. It is a beautiful setting out in the country. They have a wooded area with picnic tables and several fun settings for pictures. They also have a wood dock/gazebo area, down on the water and a pretty waterfall. Best of all, they have a nice store where you can buy apples and other food items. This is our second time to go there.

I was a little concerned that an outing might be too much for Kristin, but she seemed to tolerate it well. When I got to the nursing home, she looked really good. Her eyes seemed better. Although she really wasn't focusing in on anything, they were not dilated and she was moving them around. I bought her a real cute corduroy skort and coordinating top, so she went in style. :)

Although she still has not smiled or cried, she seems to be getting back to her old self in some ways. She was coughing better yesterday, so that gives me hope. The weather was beautiful - unusually hot for October. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised because the day turned out better than I had expected. If I could only figure out how to post pictures I could share some with you.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    Awesome news about Kristin! We're continuing to pray for her.

    Getting out in the crisp fall air always cheers and refreshes me. I love cool weather.

    Blessings,
    Anna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home