Living for Christ

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tuesday's Update

I arrived at the hospital around 10:00 this morning and they were preparing to take Kristin for an EEG. We are wanting to know if her activity is seizure related or not. That went well, but I don't know the results yet. The nurse said that she only slept about 4 hrs last night and she spiked a fever in the night too but it came right down with Motrin.

I am observing that she is much calmer in the mornings with the jerky movements increasing by afternoon. We took her down for a CT scan of her head and sinuses but they could not do it because she was too aggitated and jerky. She began running fever right about the time we went down.

I got to talk to some new Doctors today and I feel we are headed in the right direction. They are still treating her for infection, but can't find any signs of any - only symptoms. They have changed one of the three antibiotics they have had her on since Thurs. The new one they started Sun and doubled today, treats infections more in the brain, head area.

I talked to a Developmental Dr briefly today before I left and he identified her jerky movements by name - but I had never heard that term before. He said he was anxious to know the results of the EEG from today and would talk to me tomorrow about that. The plan is to take her down early tomorrow morning and try the CT scan when she is more calm. Please pray this will be successful because I am anxious to know what is going on in her little head and sinuses.

Thank you so much for your concern, thoughts. and most of all prayers. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me and your prayers a great comfort. I know God is working and has a plan to bring from all this. May He bless each one of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home