Living for Christ

Monday, September 12, 2005

Kristin Is Out of the Hospital

She got to leave the hospital around 4:00 this afternoon and go back to the nursing home. It is good to have her back in her familiar environment and to not have to make those long trips anymore.

I am still concerned about her rigidness and lack of eye focus and tracking. Her eyes continue to be dilated also. I am hoping with more time out of bed and up in her wheelchair, and time in general, that she might get back what she has lost. I just want her to enjoy life and be able to smile and respond to things she likes again. I would also love to see her little body relax and stop jerking so much.

I always seem to find songs that speak to me and today was no different. It is such good therapy for me to turn up a favorite CD and spend time praising God. Today's CD of choice was Jeremy Camp's "Restored". He has a song called "MY Desire" that really hit home with me today. I just want so badly for God to use my life to help others find Him.

My Desire

You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the king

You want to be whole, you want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind

You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the king

This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by you

You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will

All my life I have seen
Where you've take me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen

There's not much I can do to repay all you've done
So I give my hands to use


That is my prayer. Amen

10 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Jojo,

    Girl, are you kidding??? You are so being used by God more than you will probably ever know. As you allow us into an intimate, painful and private struggle, standing unwavering and faithful, the reality of God couldn't be more alive.
    Thinking of you and Kristin tonight. :)

    Love,
    Melanie

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Melanie and Lepido,
    Thanks for your encouragment! I just called and it seems she had a pretty good night. She is resuming her normal schedule with school as tollerated. She just goes into a classroom there at the nursing home and they work on therapies etc.

    Now I'm off to the funeral home to do the hair of one of my customers who passed away. She was 85. This is the 3rd lady who has died in the last few months.

    Hope you both have a good day.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    Glad to hear Kristin is out of the hospital. My Bible Study group asked about her today and we prayed.

    You're a blessing, JoJo. Your dedication to the Lord and your family just shines.

    Love,
    Anna

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Christinewjc said…

    What great news Jojo! I'm so glad to hear that Kristin is out of the hospital and feeling better!

    On another subject - it must be so difficult to do what you do for those who pass away. What a steadfast faith and giving heart you have...

    On another subject - I have just started a new Bible study called, "Genesis, God's Creative Call". It is a LifeGuide Bible Study written by Charles and Anne Hummel. The book cost $5.00 at the church I am taking the study from, however, that could be discounted price for bulk purchase. I would think it can be purchased at any Christian book store.

    It is a study designed for individual or groups. I thought that if you might like to get the book, I can start a new blogspot for us to work through the study together online! Let me know what you think!

    Love in Him,
    Christine

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    Any updates on Kristin? We're praying.

    Blessings,
    Anna

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Anna,

    Not much has changed since Kristin went back to the nursing home Monday. She continues to jerk on the left side - (mostly her arm) and her eyes are still not really focusing. Her pupils remain dilated and her head turned to the far right. She has not smiled or cried since she got sick over 2 weeks ago. We have also noticed she is not coughing when suctioned, which has us a little concerned. It is breaking my heart to see her like this.

    She has been tolerating her therapy classroom (school) and being up in her wheelchair. She has not had anymore fevers or respiratory problems.

    I also found out that one of her teaching assistants has been working with her each day this week. They ususally rotate and have different kids each day, but Stacy has been with Kristin each day. She also went down to her room to be with her the morning she was so sick, while they waited to get her taken to the hospital. It really touches my heart to realize the special people God places in our lives to ease the heartache.

    Anna - thank you so much for inquiring about Kristin. Thank you for your continued prayers. Love and hugs to you my friend.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said…

    Man I love Jeremy Camp. I have ring tones on my phone. Whne my wife calls it has JC singing, "Beautiful One." Greta double meaning when that song rings as my wife calls!

    Peace as God has you in His Hands. He has really big hands.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Vicki said…

    Dearest Jojo ~

    I want you to know how much I admire you and pray for you. Will continue to mention you and Kristin in my prayers to the Father always....

    Your life has touched mine and I'm so grateful.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    how is everything going?

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Clandestine,
    Thanks for asking. THings are so so. Kristin is not at all the same as she was before she got sick. She is not smiling or crying or coughing - and her eyes don't seem to really be focusing. She has had a couple rashes and now they put her on an antibiotic for something with her throat. A couple people thought they saw blisters and a couple others said they didn't see anything. Who knows?? It gets me down when I go visit and she doesn't seem to be getting back to where she was. I'm trying to be patient.

    Other things have been going well. Just busy. I need to find time to post something new. I was going to write about last weekend, but just haven't found the time. How are things with you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home