Living for Christ

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Luke 18

Today was pretty frustrating and upsetting for me. I went to see Kristin this afternoon and walked in to find her pretty aggitated. Her cheeks were flushed and she had a low-grade temperature. They told me the plan was to move her out of ICU to a regular room. They plan to keep her until she finishes the three antibiotics via IV.

I took 4 of her favorite videos in plus her favorite toy, Karaoke Kim. She is a dancing hamster who sings, "I Will Survive". She always smiles and often laughs when she hears her singing. She did not respond at all to it. Nor the videos. She has her legs drawn up and her muscles are tightly constricted and spasming. She is constantly moving because of her spasms. I keep telling every Dr and nurse I talk to that something is not right, but I feel they don't see a need to investigate further. The blood and urine cultures are not growing anything, but they are still saying she had/has an infection.

I do not know whether the trauma from Thurs (convulsions, 107 fever etc) has further damaged her brain and this is the result - or, what I tend to believe, they simply have not found the problem that started all this in the first place.

Please, Please pray for some answers and pray for relief for Kristin. I don't want to doubt God, because I know there is so much I cannot see or know - but I cannot stand to see my precious girl suffer. Why must she continue on trapped in a body that doesn't work? I guess I will never know this side of heaven.

"God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them. I tell you God will help his people quickly." Luke 18:7-8

2 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Jojo,

    Dang...I wish we lived closer together. You are going through so much, wish I could be there with/for you. I am leading worship tomorrow at church, so not only am I praying, but...I'll be requesting the prayers of others...
    to ask God that He stregnthens you and touches Kristin with His healing.

    Hopefully, you get good news tommorrow.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Jojo,

    Just wanted you to know that our church lifted Kristin, you and your family in prayer today! You're in my thoughts.

    Love,
    MElanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home