Living for Christ

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Awesome Weekend!

Gosh, I guess it's been awhile since I posted anything. Is time going fast or what?! It is already October. Soon the trees will be beautiful here. It's after that I don't look forward to - WINTER!!

Many of you have inquired about my precious daughter, Kristin. She is doing ok. Her illness has had lasting affects, unfortunately. She continues to have problems with her eyes, in that it appears she is not focusing. We question whether she can see at all - as her eyes continue to be dilated and nonresponsive. It seems to me she is aware when I am there, but does not try to look at me or anything else. She has not smiled since before she got sick, nor has she cried. So her dancing hamster and videos no longer seem to be a source of enjoyment for her. Another thing we are concerned with is how she doesn't seem to cough much now. She has a lot of respiratory problems with a very productive secretion output thru her trach. She requires frequent suctioning, but used to cough well and help bring stuff up. Now this is very minimal. That is not a good thing. She has had a couple rashes that we can't explain. THe first was a breakout on her face and the second on her back. She was put on an antibiotic Friday for a possible throat problem. Some thought they saw blisters on one side of her throat and others didn't see anything. The Dr. only comes to the center on Wednesdays and they found this problem on Thurs. The Dr. prescribled the medicine without seeing her. We just keep hoping and praying she will smile and focus again, soon. Thank you again, for your concern.

Last weekend was awesome for me. Saturday evening, I had the blessing of hearing Mitch McVicker and friends at a local church concert. I did not previously know who Mitch was but am glad I do now. He was with Rich Mullens in the car accident that took his life, back in 1997 (I think) Mitch was severly injured in this accident and had to totally learn to talk, walk, eat etc. again. Mitch has amazing talent and a strong faith that encourages all who see him perform. Performing with him and by themselves were Sammy Horner, Brad Layher and Joe Curet. First to take the stage was Sammy. He is from Ireland and I enjoyed his accent and his humor very much. Next was Brad who has an amazing voice and stage prescence. He's pretty easy on the eyes too. :) Then Joe took his seat at the drums and they all combined their talents to put on one amazing show. I didn't want it to end. Soooo, I bought a DVD of Mitch (which includes Brad, Joe and Jeff Weiss) and a CD of Brad. They are really great guys living to bless others thru the talents God has showerd them with. And that was just Saturday. :)

Sunday, I had the thrill of going to the Indianapolis Colts game with my wonderful friend, Cindy. I never miss a Colts game but there is nothing like being there in person. We had a blast! They beat the Cleveland Browns 13-6!! We then went on to enjoy the evening by a fantastic dinner at Carabba's (where we had a very interesting conversation with our Lebanese waiter about faith and cultures) and fellowship. Her husband, Bob got to join us for that. I ended up staying all night with them and having a really nice little get away.

Well, that's about it for now. Please take the time to visit Mitch's website and read his biography. He is a precious brother in Christ.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hey Lepido,
    That would be too cool. Guess what? We have a big level drive, but even better, there is a campground right next door to our house. How funny is that? I will email the info. I get to meet Lepido! I get to meet Lepido! Yea!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    i'm glad you posted again! i was getting worried!

    i'm sorry to hear that kristin isn't progressing after her illness. i hope that she begins to improve and that she'll enjoy her hamster again.

    things here are uneventful, really, which is why i haven't posted in a long time - don't seem to have much to say which, i suppose, is a good thing, as it means i have nothing to complain about! :)

    have a great day!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Clandi,

    So good to hear from you. I have not been blogging much lately - seems I can't get caught up with all there is to do. Kristin has a field trip tomorrow so maybe I can post about that. Take care!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said…

    Jojo, I just started reading your blog and I had to read several posts to understand what was happening with your daughter. And then I decided to go back to May and start at the beginning. I also read that your friend Lisa had a daughter that fell and she was worried, so I got caught up in reading your blog, but never did find out what happened to Lisa's daughter and if she was ok.

    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's condition, what a life change it must have been for you, and heartbreaking at times.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Darlene,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I always enjoy yours.

    It was actually my friend Lisa's niece and she is fine. They definitely believe in the power of prayer.

    Yes the situation with my daughter has been very heartbreaking, but also a great time of spiritual growth. Sometimes it takes something tragic for us to find that Jesus is the only sure thing in life. He is constant and never changing. And He has a plan in all things.

    I hope to get to know you better and learn more about your faith in Jesus. I always love to hear how others came to believe in Christ and what He is doing to draw them closer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home