Living for Christ

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Trusting and Waiting

Today was another horrible day. When I got to the hospital, Kristin was running a low fever,had a high heart rate and a high respiration rate. The nurse came in and said they had given her some motrin and some adavan (spelling?) to try to calm her and bring the fever down. She then went to lunch. Over the next hour her heart rate, respirations and fever all continued to climb. She never quit moving and spasming. Her blood pressure started dropping and so did her oxygen saturations. The Dr got busy treating all those things by giving morphine, more adavan & Motrin and started pumping fluids. They also put her on oxygen. By the time we left at 9:30 pm, she was trying so hard to go to sleep but her little body would not quit jerking. Her vitals were all down to a safe place, but we still have no answers to what the problem is. The Dr's keep wanting to run blood cultures, urine cultures and they did yet another chest X-ray. None of this has shown us anything. Today I asked repeatedly for neurology to become involved and for a head scan. They say the Dr's will discuss it tomorrow morning in rounds. My plan is to get up there first thing in the morning and keep asking. I will be the "insistant widow" until they agree, so to shut me up.

God seems to keep saying wait and trust, so I am trying. But it is so hard to see your child suffer and not be able to fix it. May God be glorified in all this. Thank you for your continued prayers and your encouragement. It means more than words can say.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Yep, Lepido, that's one of my favorite hymns. And that's what I'm trying to do. Day by day. I did feel stronger today as I had many reminders yesterday that God is working. Thank you so much for all your prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home