Living for Christ

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Wednesday's Update (On Thursday)

Well yesterday was an emotional roller coaster for me. I think mostly I'm just tired and stressed. When I got to the hospital, she was sleeping so peacefully. The nurse came in and said they were not going to re-do the CT scan because they were able to see something on the one they tried Tuesday. She said the Dr would be in to talk to me.

I waited for several hours and finally the Dr came in and said the CT scan showed her sinuses looked fine and they waiting to compare the head part to a previous scan but that would be tomorrow (today) because the old scan was kept in another building. She expected that to be fine too.

The Neurologist came in and said her EEG did not show seizure activity (remember Tuesday another Dr told me it showed something but they had to wait for the Neurologist to read it) I did notice while he was examining her that she was not doing the jerky, tremmery movements very much, although she was very active and moving alot. The one thing he did question was whether she can see. Her pupils have been very dilated and he said they did not react much to the light he shined in them. I don't know if this is temporary or if her brain has been further damaged.

It seems she is getting better because she has not ran any fever since Tues afternoon and it didn't get very high. Since her tremmer movements were better, I'm thinking maybe she is getting better. It's just a waiting game now.

They were going to do an echocardiogram yesterday just to check her heart since she has had some blood pressure issues thru this illness. They were not expecting to find anything. They had not yet come in to do it before I left at 3:30.

I guess the plan now is to just let her finish the 10 days of antibiotics and if she keeps improving, she will go back to the nursing home after the 10 days. It is hard to still not have any answers as to what caused all this. Especially when nothing like this has ever happened before. Also, each time she gets so sick, we wonder if this will be the time she will go be with the Lord. I am having a hard time being with her everyday and then being away from her today. I have to stay home and work today and tomorrow, so I probably won't see her until Sat. It is hard to not be with her looking out for her, but I know God is there. There are just some things in life that are so hard to endure, but God's grace is sufficient.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Saltnlight said…

    Jojo:
    I have been praying for all of your family since reading about Kristin. God is in control and will bring good out of this Jojo. with all of my heart I raise you up to the God of all comfort.

    Be at peace and lean on Him.

    I know that all of this is easy fo we who are on the outside but we love you Jojo and that includes all who are with you.

    Saltnlight

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Hello Jojo....I read your post Rebekah's blog...you mentioned that your daughter was back in the hospital....it got my attention and I decided to check out your blog. I wanted to tell you that we have added Kristin and your family to our prayers. May the Lord wrap His arms around you and continue to remind you that, as You said, He is there ALL THE TIME - even when your schedule doesn't allow you to be by your daughter's side - know that Jesus' is there - for He will NEVER LEAVE us or forsake us! ....praying here in PA -
    Randy, Deb and Olivia

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    ...one more thing...a few moments ago, I was telling my 3-year old, Olivia, a story about how Mickey Mouse was on a boat in the middle of the lake and there was a really big storm....how he was afraid, but he asked Jesus to calm the storm....Olivia knows that only Jesus can stop the rain and she often will tell us that right in the middle of a rainstorm. Anyway...a few minutes later...she said that Jesus was sad because Rebekah was sick and that she was sad too (she prays for Rebekah everyday.)...then I told her that we needed to ask Jesus to take care of a little girl named Kristin because she wasn't feeling very well. She prayed and asked Jesus to make Kristen's booboo all better and then said to me, "Mommy, only Jesus can stop the storm."....how right she is....praying that Jesus stops the storm that's raging through Kristin's body....

    In His Love, Deb

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Deb,
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog - and most of all for your prayers.

    I smiled thru tears as I read about your precious lil girl praying for mine. Oh how that touches my heart. Makes me think about how Jesus said we must have faith like a child. You give her a kiss from me and tell her I said thank you so much for her prayers.

    From Indiana to Pennsylvania - love and thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home