Living for Christ

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Update

Hello!

Well, this has been one very long day. After I left my prayer request here and headed out, I received a phone call right away from the nursing home, saying that the transport service could not get there for another 15 min. Then they called back saying that they would not be there for about 25 min. They had called 911 for emergency paramedics to come get her and take her to the local hospital first. She was in real distress. I actually beat them to the hospital by just about 5 min. I was not prepared for what was happening when I got into the ER. She was not breathing on her own, they were bagging her and she was convulsing pretty badly. They ended up getting her on a ventilator, then they did some X-rays and bloodwork. Her temp was 107!! They put all kinds of ice bags on her and within the hour they had it down to 101.7. The ER Dr. said she had pnuemonia in one lung and that she needed to be admitted. I told them I wanted her taken on up to the Children's hospital in the city, so she was transferred there. Upon arrival, her temp was down to normal, but her blood pressure was real low and her blood acidic. They began doing X-rays again and trying to stabilize her. They began 3 different powerful antibiotics for the infection and other medication to bring her blood pressure up. They also started pumping the fluids to flush her system out.

The Dr there said she did NOT have pneumonia, but her white count was elevated (from 14,000 a couple hrs before - to 26,000). They eventually sent her down for a CT scan of her abdonmen, because they saw something a little questionable on the X-ray and I feared appendix problems or something. The CT scan showed no problems.

Another Dr came in and started concerns over her high vent settings, so they began weaning her down on it. As of 10:00pm she was beginning to look better according to her vitals. She was responding well to them weaning her oxygen levels down and her vent rate down. She was taking a few breaths over the vent assistance, so that was the first good news we had all day. The Dr encouraged us to come home - he thought she was stable for the night.

My continued prayer request is for her to respond to the antibiotics, to come off the vent and breathe on her own and to not have any further brain damage from her high fever and seizures today. It would also be nice if they could figure out the source of infection.

I have never seen her not breathe on her own or have convulsions before - so this was quite an emotional day. There is nothing worse then seeing your child suffer, especially when you don't know what is wrong.

I had my therapy on the way home though. I put in my Jeremy Camp CD and cranked it up. It was so good to put my focus back on Who God is and what He had done and is doing in my life.

Thank you so much for your prayers - it helps so much to know our friends are praying.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Lepido, (Leep E Doo) :)

    Thank you for your continued prayers - it means so much. I am also touched with your compassion. And yes, we do have an awesome God who is in control of my precious baby girl, even when we have no idea why He allows such things to happen.

    I will go post the latest news now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home