Living for Christ

Friday, July 01, 2005

Wonderful Freedom Wonderful God

Hello Friends,
It has been ahwile since my last post. Kinda been in a fog this week. Been pretty discouraged about a situation and it was getting the best of me. I woke up about 4:10 am this morning and felt the stress of the situation like a ton of bricks on my chest. I could not get back to sleep, so I got up around 5:15. I tried to take my mind off the frustration by trying to plan something for my son's upcoming 16th b-day. (on the 7th) Checked out some things on the internet. Then, shortly before I needed to jump in the shower, one of my closest friends called to ask for prayer. It was concerning someone who had wronged her a few yrs ago and was now finding himself is a similiar situation. He was sorry for the pain he caused her, feeling really dumb and very empty. He does not yet know the Lord. We talked and then we prayed. It helped me to get over my self doom and gloom and refocus on what's important - others coming to know the Lord. I then started my work day and had some time to blog and email in between appts. I read some of the best Spirit filled posts today. I actually had the desire to respond to every one of them. Something I had lacked enthusiasm for most of the week. I am feeling very thankful for the encouragment I received today by reading what others shared about their faith. Here are the links so you can be encouraged too.
http://lepido.blogspot.com/
http://melaniesita.blogspot.com/
http://talkwisdom.blogspot.com/
http://www.jasondollarblog.blogspot.com/

This weekend is a very special time that I look forward to every year. As some of you know, I grew up on a small private lake of about 500 acres. My mom still lives there on a lakefront property and I live right outside of this community. Most of my clients are from there and I love this place very much. Well the 4th of July weekend is a big deal there. The women's club has a big flea market (which my mom was in charge of for over 20 yrs but gave up about 5 yrs ago), a huge raffle, a bake sale and sale of other goodies. The Kiwanis have a hog-roast and there are fireworks at night. Then on Sunday afternoon, there is a boat parade. It is great fun! My mom and I will sell raffle tickets tomorrow as well as help with the drawing at the end. We also will stand at the entrance and collect donations for the fireworks display. It is always tons of fun to see all the people. It's kinda like a big party for the whole weekend.

So - I hope each one of you has a wonderful holiday weekend and time to reflect on the wonderful blessing of the freedom this great country allows. Also - as you watch those fabulous firework displays, take the time to pray for those who are risking their lives, at this very moment, so that we can enjoy this freedom. God Bless America and God bless you!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Lepido,
    Your words really touch my heart and bless me. Thank you for that. I am so glad we have met via blogging too - we will have to meet in person someday - we only live a state apart! Thank you so much for your prayers - that is the best blessing of all. Tell Nancy I look forward to meeting her too. (does she blog?)

    I am having a good 4th (ok it's the 2nd but the festivities are today!) Off to the firworks afterwhile. Love you lots too.:)

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Hey Jojo,

    Just stole a quiet minute this morning before church and went back and read your old posts. I've missed so much. Jojo, you have such a sweet, sweet, spirit of encouragement. Thank you for including me in your list of friends.

    I truly pray that the situation that has been so heavy for you is lighter and you sense our Father's great love for you.

    Our nephew is still visiting til the end of the week. Whew...I'm not used to having little ones around again. He is adorable. I love him dearly, but 8 year olds definately take a lot of time and attention. (on top of taking on all the new responsibilities of Frank's business)Poor planning on my part. But...he'll go home and I'll get used to things.

    Just wanted to stop by and say "I'm still here"

    Love ya,
    Melanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home