Living for Christ

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Monday on Tuesday

Well, today was a Monday for me. You see, I'm off work on Monday's and that way I still get my two day weekend, but then Tuesday's become Monday's sometimes. I work from noon until 8:00pm on Tues and Thurs and my plan for this morning was to get my house cleaned. Well, that didn't work out too well. I started out going thru the mail pile that piles and piles on the kitchen counter for weeks. I have this little corner of counter that I don't have to use for cooking or anything and that is where the mail that requires further action, or I don't want to deal with goes. So after it gets so high, I finally break down and sort thru it. Well, today was the day, so the pile is now small again. But my house is still dirty!! grrrr I had to make so many phone calls to deal with the pile. First, I had to call a credit card company that I had received an update on my account from. Now I had just gone thru my credit card file a few months ago and called all the companies whose cards I no longer used and cancelled those accounts. Well it seems I had to call this one and cancel twice. Why is it, they always try to talk you into keeping a card that you haven't used in years?!! That irritates me. Then I had to call about a bill I received for chiropractic services I had gotten over two yrs ago. I first got this bill in Feb. There was no phone number, so I wrote them a letter telling them I did not owe them any money and if they thought I did, they would have to prove it to me. I heard nothing the next month, then the month after that, I got another bill. So I called the Dr who had taken over that office and was told they were receiving many calls like mine and they would take care of it, I didn't owe anything. The next month - no bill. Then this month - a bill again!! Grrrr So, again I called and they said they took care of it this time, and I shouldn't get anymore bills. We'll see what happens in a couple months. Then, I had to call the insurance over a claim I have been trying to get settled since Jan. I won't go into the boring details, but I am so sick of running around in circles on this one for 5 months. Then, lastly, I had to call the local water conditioning company about a bill that I received two different statements about. I got a bill for an amount that I paid in full, then received two more statements, with different account numbers, showing I have a credit!! I know I don't have - but they said they changed all accounts over to a new system and they couldn't access the old system today - so they would have to call me back.

Then to top it all off, I received a call from the nursing home where my daughter is saying she was having some kind of episode. Crying, sweating, high heart rate, low oxygen saturations, possible seizure activity, but no fever. They had faxed the Dr and waiting to hear what to do. I called back about an hour later and they said they gave her some Ibuprophen (spelling?) and put some air on her and she was ok. Called back again this evening and they said she had another episode this evening, but after an extra breathing treatment, she was resting well. They said the Dr would be in first thing in the morning. Please keep her in your prayers. I'm not afraid of her dieing - I look forward to her going to be with the Lord and being whole and not trapped in a body that doesn't work - but I can't stand for her to suffer. And I hate not having her here at home where I can take care of her. Life is just not fair sometimes.



So, between worrying about my baby girl, and wasting so much time on the phone dealing with things that should have already been taken care of - it really wasn't the best of days. Hopefully tomorrow will be better - and maybe sometime or another - I'll get around to cleaning my house after all.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Hey Jodi,

    Just wanted to be fair and come over to visit you, since you visit me so much :):) Jodi, I am so, so sorry about your daughter. As you know, with Keri, I can understand your situation..as she also experienced those "episodes". I saw them firsthand...I know as a mom, this has got to be so distressing for you. Please know you're in my prayers today.

    As far as bills, don't you ever wish we could just drop out of all the complications of life...for just a little while? I'm thinking maybe isolated in the mountains somewhere, or an island...but, then other problems would probably pop up, like bears or something.

    Tuesdays were always my mondays also, since hair salons were always closed. I still feel strange (like I'm doing something wrong) doing things on Saturdays, since I that was a workday for most of my life. Such is the 'hairdresser life'

    By the way, this Sunday is Keri's big "30th" birthday bash. She's gonna be so surprised. I even got a birthday card signed by "Randy Travis", her favorite musical artist...next to her aunt Melanie, of course. :):):)

    Talk to you soon,
    Melanie

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    Hey Jojo,

    I will definitely keep your family - especially your daughter - in my thoughts. I can't imagine what it must be like for you, but I send you thoughts of strength all the time...

    I think there are benefits and consequences of so much technology...one of the benefits, though, is the ability for people who are so different to come together in a safe, unthreatening way to learn from each other, form 'friendships,' laugh, etc. I'm so glad to have found you :)

    Now-to find your email address so I can badger you about your life ;)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    Hello again,

    I thought I had posted about this past weekend on here yesterday-I must have cancelled it before finishing!

    ANYWAY - The ride to PA wasn't bad, but we were stuck in 10mph traffic for 4 hours. So, the tailbone injury was far from comfortable for that time! On Saturday, we were able to spend some time in Philadelphia, which was nice, because neither of us had ever been there. We saw the liberty bell and some other historic sites. The wedding was Sat. night, and was lovely. It was at a building that looked like a castle! SO fancy! The actual ceremony was on the lawn, and was done by a minister who had known the bride for a long time. Neither the bride nor the groom is particularly religious, and the groom is Jewish, so the ceremony was pretty general. But it was very nice. The reception was fun, but we didn't know anyone other than the marrying couple. We were at a table with the bride's friends from high school, and they were very nice and tons of fun.

    The ride home on Sunday wasn't bad for the tailbone, because she took pain killers. However, the pain killers made her carsick! :( So, needless to say, she was very relieved to be home!!

    She's back at work today, and was there yesterday, but she's in a lot of pain - there's only so much work a person can miss, though, really!!

    Speaking of work - I have to get back to mine ;)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Melanie,
    Thank you for your prayers - I know you do understand because of your neice. I hope her b-day will be a very special day for her. Do they live close to you? I just got off the phone to the nursing home and found out she has an ear infection again. This is the third one in a short time, so I told her to get the ball rolling to have new tubes put in her ears. I guess the ones she has must be clogged or out of place or something. Just glad to have an answer to the problem. It's so hard when they can't tell you.

    Yes, a deserted island somewhere sounds nice. The hustle bustle and stresses in life can really get me down sometimes. But then I get nice notes from friends and it helps so much! :)

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Clandi,
    So sorry to hear about the traffic jam - that would be painful even without a broken tailbone! Glad you had a good time and glad your friend is back to work. I'm sure it will take her time to get back into the swing of things. Hope she doesn't over-do.

    Looking forward to your email. Glad you consider me your friend - I'm so glad we met too. :)

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger mamalicious said…

    Hi Jo Jo;

    I haven't posted much lately because, as I mentioned, I'm visiting my folks in Indiana...Greenwood, specifically (just south of Indy). I actually grew up here - went to Southport High School. Where are you?

    Thanks for asking!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Mama,
    OH MY GOODNESS!! I shop in Greenwood all the time!! My number one spot! That is too funny. I live just southeast of there in Decatur County - where the tree grows out of the courthouse! It is such a small world! How long you gonna be there?

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Mama,
    Boy am I a ditz!! I was just sitting here looking thru my blog and reading all the comments and I see way back when I first started my blog - you asked where I lived and told me you were from IN. I'm so sorry - It takes me awhile to connect people. I read so many posts at Stephen's blog that I forget who is who and who said what. Anyway - I went back to visit your blog and had my memory jarred that you also went to Taylor - that stuck out to me at the time, because that is where my husband went. I know it wasn't a great experience for you and I'm sorry about that - but he was wondering what yrs you went there. Did you graduate from there? He went there for 5 yrs because of changing majors. He's in education too - a Chem teacher. :) He went there from 87-92. Again - it is such a small world. Our daughter is in the nursing home in Shelbyville so going to Greenwood is pretty handy from there. I go visit her and then head down 44 to I65. Looking forward to knowing you better.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger mamalicious said…

    Jo Jo, your husband and I were at Taylor at the same time - I was there from 86 - 90. Education major - English, to be specific.

    Small world, indeed. While I wish Taylor were a little more loving toward me, I do consider it a good place for me to have been.

    I'm back from Greenwood now...back in Colorado and am glad to be out of that crazy humidity!

    Another interesting bit - I went to Southport High School. Are you originally from Indiana? Let's keep in touch...

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Mama,
    Well I know if you and my husband spoke, you would know lots of the same people. He is not home right now for me to ask him what dorm he was in and all that - but I know he started out pre-med in '87 and then switched to education but I can't remember if he stayed in pre-med two years or just one. He was a biology education major. He played volleyball while there too.

    Anyway - yes I've lived in IN all my life. In Decatur County the whole time. I was in Greenwood Mon - went to the supply house, Maly's, corner of Madison and Stop 11 and then shopping at Kohl's. We have some friends who lived in the southport area before moving out here by us.

    Yes, it has been hot and we had such weird storms Fri and Sun. Fri it was high winds causing many trees to be down and then Sun we had flooding. No damage at our house, thankfully.

    Looking forward to hearing from you again.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger mamalicious said…

    Jo Jo, I'm sure your husband and I know the same folks...what does he do now? Did he have a good experience at Taylor? Where do you guys go to church now?

    I was at the Greenwood Mall on Monday - we could have run into each other. How weird is that? :)

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Mama,
    He is a high school chemistry teacher and coach. He coaches football and has coached track and golf.

    I didn't actually go to the mall on Mon, but I drove right by it. I went to the Kohl's right next to it and to Hobby Lobby up the road.

    I was actually hoping you would read my post before you left In and thought maybe we could meet and have lunch or something - maybe next time you are here.

    My husband loved Taylor. We go to a small church in a little town right next to us. It is called Clarksburg Christian Church. We teach the high school Sunday School class. My husband is leading the singing for worship this month - he does that about 3 or 4 times a year. He is a deacon and I lead the Christian Education team. I am usually real involved in our Vacation Bible school program. It is the church I attended as a kid, but not very regularly and as I got older, we went less. When my first husband and I separated, I went back there, and a few months later, accepted Christ and was baptized. I didn't really start maturing much though, until after our daughter was born. When she went to Shelbyville to live in the nursing facility, I started really pursuing the Lord. It really opened my eyes. It has been a wonderful thing.

    My husband is from Berne IN. A little Amish community. He was fortunate to grow up in a strong Christian home. We were back there a couple weeks ago for his niece's wedding.

    Well, I must close for now - hope to talk to you again later.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger mamalicious said…

    Okay, so whenever you want to share your husband's name, go ahead. :) My name is Melissa Brown. I graduated in 1990. I played on the women's basketball team.

    I've read your posts about your daughter and I must say that I think you're very brave...an amazing mom. My 20-month old daughter is the light of my life and I never realized what love for a child was like until she was born. It's amazing, isn't it?

    I think I told you that I went to Southport HS - I grew up there and lived on the north side until 1997, when I moved to Colorado. Before moving here, I taught at North Central High School for three years.

    Have a good day - let's keep this up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home