Living for Christ

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Late Night Again

Hello Friends,
Why is it in the mornings when I wake up I think, "Tonight I'm going to bed early!". But when night comes, there is too much to do to get there early? Well, my reason for not getting to bed early tonight (besides sitting here blogging) :) is because I took another sewing class this morning and I was supposed to be making throw pillows for my salon. Notice I said "supposed to be making". Well, I ordered these really perfect nautical panels, found the perfect fabric to back them and the perfect piping and just needed help knowing how to put it all together. Well, the panels have two different scenes of a boat with a little saying and there is a border around each scene. Soooo, when I tried to sew the piping on, I didn't get it straight in some places, so the white on the outside of the blue border showed. Soooo, tonight I ripped everything out and started again!! YIPEE - FUN FUN. I have to stop for now - too tired to continue. Why was it I wanted to know how to sew?!! No, I'm actually glad I am doing this - I will feel a sense of accomplishment when I get it right. I will get it right eventually won't I?!!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Sandra,
    Thank you for writing - I don't think your english is bad, but charming. I think you are doing well with your blog, it's just too bad I don't speak your language.

    How long until you get to be with your husband? How old are your kids? Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ?

    I hope you have a great weekend too. We are headed off for a wedding. Hope to talk to you again.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    Finally had a free minute. My schedule is brutal these days.
    Enjoy your posts on Stephen's blog.

    I'm a good deal older than you - in my 50's, married with two grown stepsons. My husband and I have a small water conditioning business. I work at home running his office. We're also both very involved in ministry.

    Just looked at the clock. I have to run - my Writer's Group Meeting starts at 10:00 A.M.

    Talk to you soon.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Anna,
    Thanks for posting on my blog. How interesting to have your water conditioning business. I could not do w/o our water softner and reverse osmosis purifier. Great inventions! What kind of ministry are you and your husband involved in? My husband and I teach the high school Sunday school class at our church and I lead the Christian Education department.

    Looking forward to hearing from you again. :)

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    My husband and I work with alcoholics, drug addicts and people with emotional/spiritual problems on a one-on-one basis. They just seem to land on our doorstep. We're also involved with several groups.

    I'm also a Christian writer/speaker. Devotionals, poetry and articles are currently my bailiwick. In the future, I want to put together a couple of books with my materials. Your prayers would be appreciated as I'm sharing one of my articles at our church this Sunday.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Anna,
    Wow! Sure sounds like you are busy girl! That is awesome. I will keep you in prayer and let me know when you write your books. I really admire that. I wish you would have a blog so you could publish some of your things there. Would be great!

    What does "bailiwick mean? I'm not familiar with that word.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    Bailiwick just means my specialty. Sorry, I tend to get "wordy."

    Thank you for your prayers. Writing is much harder work than most people can imagine. I'm going to a writers' conference in August. It's three days and pretty intense. They teach you the mechanical aspects of writing. I'm talking about sharpening your communication skills, the how-to's of publishing, etc. Of course, inspiration is the other half of the equation. This is a Christian Writers' Conference, so they do cover that aspect as well.

    Me have a blog?? Well, some people have suggested it. However, I can't imagine where I'd get the time. If the Lord leads in that direction someday, fine.

    Gotta run. I want to check out Stephen's blog before I leave for a meeting.

    Blessings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home