Living for Christ

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thankfully - Just an Ear Infection

Hello Friends,
Thank you for your prayers for my daughter. It seems she has a pretty bad ear infection. I know that is not serious, but in her, with all her problems, something little, like an ear infection, can be quite serious for her. I was with her this morning and she seems to be herself again. I put in her Jonah, Veggie Tale movie, and she was smiling from ear to ear. She gets as tickled by those silly little veggies as I do. She has tubes in her ears, but they obviously are not working, so I requested her to have an appt at Riley Hospital for Children to see the ENT Dr. I guess her last set of tubes were probably 2 or 3 yrs ago - time flies. Anyway - I'm just thrilled to know the cause of her discomfort and it to be something that is fixable.

Been busy in my shop this week - thankful for it but tired and ready for the weekend already! Must be getting old. I wish I had known how hard standing all day would be on my back - would have chosen a different occupation. Like one with vacation pay and sick leave. Geez - what was I thinking?!! No, don't get me wrong - I love this job in many ways. I have been so blessed to have my shop in my home for 19 yrs. Can schedule around times when the kids need me etc. There is always bad with the good. Well - nite all - hope to hear from all my friends soon. You know I have always been one to love to go to the mailbox- since I was a little girl. Then came email and now blogging - I guess I just like to hear from friends.

Where you been Clandi? Not get your computer fixed yet??

8 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    Hey jojo!

    My computer at home seems to be working this morning, but now I have to go to work :( I'm glad to hear that your daughter is going to be feeling better and that she's doing better!

    I'll be around the bloggin' world today, and I will email you soon!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Gee Whiz Candi - You sure get up early. Are we on different time zones? What do you do for work? Looking forward to hearing from you.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    yeah - we must be in different time zones. I definitely WAS NOT awake at 4:23am. That was really 7:23am here...but you're not in CA so I don't know why it's 3 hrs off...hmmmm...

    I'm a tax accountant - very exciting...HA!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Clandi - I think you must be pretty smart to be a tax accountant. Tax stuff drives me batty!! lol Wish I understood it all more - having my own business is a headache from that standpoint. Glad to know it was 7:30 not 4:30 - I was feeling pretty lazy!!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Hi JoJo,

    Awww...dealing with ear infections in kids are so, so frustrating, and I'm sure its 100 times worse for Kristen. Glad she's feeling better and you had a reason to watch the Veggi Tales:):) I love those things. The writing is really clever.

    We went out on a "date" tonight and saw Cinderella Man. Great movie!

    I know what you mean about the hair profession. I can't do it anymore...even the few people I still do kills my back. I had my own shop called "The BeachComber." I miss the people but not standing all day.

    Hope you have a great weekend, and talk to you soon!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    Just got back online last night. We've had problems with our computer and printer. All is well now.

    Glad your daughter is on the mend. We'll keep her in prayer.

    Veggie Tales - I love those videos. We used to get them for the Sunday School kids - at least that's what we told them! We know some of the songs. One of my personal favorites is Junior Asparagus singing, "God is Bigger Than The Boogie Man." Every once in awhile, I break out into a Veggie Tales chorus. (My husband sometimes thinks I'm losing my mind.)

    By the way, I'm not sharing my article this Sunday as originally planned. It's been postponed because a dear friend requested I wait until they could be there.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Anna,
    Good to hear from you - wondered where you been. Seems others have been having computer problems too.

    Yes, I love Veggie Tales. A few yrs ago, my minister and I were teaching 4th-6th graders in VBS and we used a Veggie Tale clip for one of our lesson openers. He and I were cracking up and the kids thought we were pretty dumb - oh well they were at the age where watching a 'kids' video was not so cool. I think the writers do such a good job with those stories - making them educational and yet humorous.

    That is nice that you are saving your article for when your friends are there. Still wishing you had a blog. You could just post things you have already written or just have it set up so I could drop you a line once in awhile. Anyway - hope to talk to you soon. Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hi JoJo -

    I try to keep in touch here. Blogging is very time consuming. I don't want to fall into the trap of spreading myself too thin. My primary focus at the moment (as far as ministry) is my writing.

    Neat thing - my husband just made me shelves and an area for my writing. It will be nice to have everything at my fingertips. It really helps to be organized.

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home