Living for Christ

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Toilet Paper Tormentors

Wow, what a day! We started the day with Sunday School, where my husband and I lead the high schoolers. We started watching the movie, Luther, about Martin Luther, & the Reformation. I am anxious to see the rest of it. Then we went to church and they had a really nice Memorial Day service, honoring our members and past members who have served our country. Then we went to my mom's for a cookout and pool cleaning party. Then for a boat ride. Listened to the race and it was pretty exciting. Then came home and had our dear friends over to eat and play cards. They moved about an hour away and were down visiting for the holiday. So good to be together.

Then I set in to catch up on what I missed today on the Stephen Bennett blog and while I was sitting in bed reading the posts, we heard a "bonk" on the window. Thought it was the cat. Then, another bonk, so my husband got up to check and didn't see anything. Then, another bonk - so he checked out more thorough, and discovered some rolls of toilet paper laying beneath the windows. Seemed someone had been out back throwing these at our windows. Now, this disturbed me right away, because I had just gotten undressed, and in my jammies and gotten in bed. So I ran to look out our other windows to discover other rolls of toilet paper laying in the yard on all sides of the house. (about 8 rolls) We figured with turning all the outside lights on and looking out all the windows, we scared them away. So, I went back to reading the blog and in a little bit, more bonks. This time I got really mad and got into my car and drove next door to check it out. We live out in the country and there is farm land all around us. There is a house way back off the road next to us and that guy has several storage buildings behind our house, beyond a bunch of big pine trees, that the guy had planted to give us privacey. So I headed back to the storage buildings to see if I could find a parked car or find the culprits. No such success - but when I came back home, my guys told me that right before I pulled back into our drive, a car drove by real slow, blaring their horn and yelling. I was outsmarted!! I can't stand the thought of someone being outside lurking around my property when I'm inside getting dressed etc. Don't like it at all!!. Now I'll probably have nightmares!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Oh how I love to have comments on my blog! Welcome back into blog land Nicole. We didn't actually get toilet papered - just had rolls of toilet paper thrown at the window and a few other rolls laying various places in the yard. WEIRD! That is strange about the blanket in your yard too.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    On Fire For God - welcome! I was hoping you would come visit. I think it's awesome to make new Christian friends that I would otherwise not get to know until heaven. Thank you for your prayers and the reminder of Who is in control. Come back often! :)

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Livinit - So glad you came to visit. No, I have not read any of Peretti's other books. What is Monster like? Have not heard of it yet. Yes, I think Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness are must reads for the Christian. Such a good picture of spiritual warfare and the power of prayer. I know they are just novels, but I think they are pretty scriptural. As much as we could know this side of heaven, anyway. Come back often! :)

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    Hi Jojo,

    Just read this toilet papering story - I'd be scared, too! I hope you didn't have nightmares after all! :)

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Hi JoJo,

    I was just thinking of you this morning, (because I was trying to be a 'better blogger' and create another post :):):) and "you've got mail" turned out to be you. I love hearing from you, JoJo. Even if I don't write as much, I do read the other blogs and I'm always blessed by your sweet, encouraging spirit to everyone. You've been through so much yourself, yet you have such a tender heart toward others.

    Wow! you also live near the water... in a small rural community. We just find out more and more of what we have in common. Now, JoJo, as much as I love all the stuff we share...I DO NOT ever want to hear somebody tossin' toilet paper at my window in the middle of the night, cause THAT would creep me out:):):)

    Love,
    Melanie

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Well - I have not had any more toilet paper vandels yet. Hopfully it was an isolated incident. But I must say, I don't get undressed with the lights on anymore. Hopefully we will find out who it was, because I just can't stand not knowing who and why.

    Yes, Melanie, the list goes on and on of similarities between us. :) I think that's pretty cool. Thank you for your kind words. I bet my husband would beg to differ. Seems I don't have alot of patience or kind words for him lately - but that is an entirely different story. :( Lord, please give me patience and understanding!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home