Living for Christ

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Time Moves On

I cannot believe how quickly time is moving on. Tomorrow will be three weeks since Kristin went home. That seems unbelievable. I have not had any words to post lately. It feels like I am so far behind in everything and can't get caught up. The holidays are so busy anyway. I cannot seem to get motivated. I have not done the first bit of shopping or decorating. Would be nice to skip that part this year, and just focus on Jesus' birth.

I have to admit my days have been hard. Much harder than I ever could have imagined. I thought my days with Kristin were hard because it hurt to see her condition and her struggles and limitations. I had prayed for God to take her for 10 years, but could have never prepared myself for what life without her would really be like. I just miss her so much. So many reminders.

Yesterday as I walked thru Wal-Mart, I passed the girls clothing department. I have bought her so many things there. Recently I had seen some things I wanted to put in layaway for her Christmas. I got so sad as I walked by there yesterday and thought about not getting to buy her anymore clothes. As I was telling God how much it hurt, I immediately thought of how beautiful she must be clothed in heaven. I was able to smile thru the tears as I thanked God for my hope in knowing that what she now wore was so much more beautiful than anything I could buy her here on earth. Oh how I look forward to seeing what she wears now. I know she must sparkle.

I am thankful for the distractions, times to focus on other things. My son has had his first two basketball games. The season has gotten off to a pretty good start. We are also loving this NFL season. The Colts are 11-0. Talk about exciting!

Thank you for your continued prayers, for inquiring, for caring. I will try to be better about posting.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    I have been thinking about you.

    xoxoxox

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger steve said…

    Hey there,

    I can only imagine that this is a hard time for you. I am praying for you guys. She is dancing (and probably cheering for the Colts!)

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said…

    Praying for His peace and care to envelop you in your time of grief.
    Yes, Kristen is sparkling in heaven!!

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger mamalicious said…

    Jo Jo, I've thought of you so much. I was in Greenwood right after Kristin's death because my grandmother died, too. I thought of coming to Kristin's funeral but couldn't get there in time (didn't arrive until late Saturday). I know those days were crazy, so I didn't try to reach you. Perhaps at Christmas we can get together for coffee...

    Praying for peace for you during these holidays...

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Christinewjc said…

    Dear Jojo,

    It is quite understandable for you to have all of these feelings and to be missing Kristin. Remember the shortest verse in the Bible...Jesus wept. He knows what you are feeling and going through each and every day. He will comfort and carry you through.

    Kristin is loving you from heaven, and she took along your love and care for her. How do I know this? Because God's Word tells us that "love never fails."

    You are in my thoughts and prayers...

    Love,
    Christine

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Thinking of you this morning. I know the Lord is too! He has His hand on you both.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Dear JoJo -

    It's rough when a loved one is no longer there even though we know we will see them again. I remember the feeling of turning around and expecting to see my Dad sitting in his favorite chair. It's like your mind and heart have to catch up with reality.

    It always helped me to look at pictures, remembering the times we had together. People are always afraid to talk about the one we've lost. They don't want to cause hurt. What they don't realize is that it helps to process the fact the loved one has moved to a better place.

    Maybe you could still buy girl's clothing for a poor child and give it in memory of Kristin. I bet she would have liked that.

    May the Lord comfort you and your family. It is normal and right to mourn for a season. There will come a time when the pain is not as sharp.

    We love you.

    Blessings,
    Anna

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sheryl said…

    Thinking of you and your family. I would say that each day gets easier and it does but it takes a while. It is our first Christmas without my father-in-law. It just doesn't see "right". Blessing to you and your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home