Living for Christ

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tuesday Update

Today they moved Kristin out of ICU. She is completely off the oxygen, vent and Dopamine and doing well.

I finally got to talk to her developmental Dr. today. He is the one Dr. she has that has been with her since birth. He said there is one thing preventing him from thinking these episodes are autonomic storms and that is her blood pressure dropping. He said that usually during a storm, the blood pressure is high, not low. He said low pressure is indication of dehydration or just how the body reacts to illness. He said he really didn't have any answers for me. He really couldn't find the cause of her problems. Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see if she has any more problems. I am thankful that I finally got to talk to this Dr. and know what she doesn't have.

I got to do some of my Bible study while at the hospital today and yesterday. God's Word is so awesome. I love how it ties together from book to book and we can never learn all there is to know, but time in the Word is never wasted. Nothing is more interesting to me. As I read and study, I am constantly amazed at the work of the Holy Spirit. I have stated, more than once, that what I believe has not come thru being taught by man, but by the teaching of the Holy Spirit thru study of the Scriptures. Today, as I was reading in Galatians, I read Paul's words that said the same thing. "I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:11-12 My heart cries out - yes Lord, you are so good to open our eyes and help us see You.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger steve said…

    Good stuff. I will be praying also.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    I'm glad to hear there's been some improvement. I'll hope it continues. :)

    xoxo

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for your prayers. Isn't it great to meet our brothers and sisters in Christ via the internet? My circle of friends has grown so much since I entered the blogging world. It is great to be so inspired and encouraged thru reading how God is working in the lives of others.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi Clandi,
    It means a lot that you check in with me on a regular basis. I appreciate that so much.

    I went to see Kristin last night and got to talk to the Dr. Of course this was a new Dr. whom I had never met before, but I liked him. He said they are trying to be thorough and not miss anything. They have been studying her labs and doing new ones to compare. They are watching her liver enzymes and trying to decide the cause for them being so elevated. It is either from a virus or because her body was under such shock. I choose the latter, but who really knows for sure. I think she will go back to the nursing home tomorrow or Monday.

    Hope your days are good. It's almost the weekend again - time flies!!! (even when you're not having fun) :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home