Living for Christ

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

COLTS 8-0 !!!!!!!!

How many of you watched the game last night? How many of you are smiling this morning? I know I am. :) Indianapolis Colts 40 - New England Patriots 21. Pretty, wasn't it?

My love for football began 10 short seasons ago. All it took was having someone to explain the game to me because my lack of enthusiasm was a result of simply not understanding what the heck was going on. That person is my patient husband, Mark. Remember, he's the one who coaches high school football and talks football in his sleep. (I love you, honey!)

Ok, back to the game. How about that first possession last night? What a catch, Marv!! Of course, Brady/Branch came right back with an answer. Then Peyton goes to "The Edge" and the Colts were up 14-7. Then there were those back to back turnovers, which landed the Colts another 7 points, making it 21-7 at the half.

The Colts took their time in the 3rd quarter, patiently driving the ball down the field and finally letting Dominic Rhodes run 4yds to score. But the Patriots come right back with a 31 yd pass from Brady to Daniel Graham to make the score 21-14. To close the 3rd quarter and open the 4th, Mike Vanderjagt made back to back field goals, kicking 35 yds and 20 yds to add 6 more to the score. The two teams then exchanged one more touchdown each, Troy Brown, receiving a 19 yd pass and the Colts, Harrison catching Manning's 30 yarder.


Yes, Dennis, the Colts made it over that hump. I have a good feeling that this could be their year to make it all the way. But as Coach Dungy keeps stressing, we are a long way from the playoffs and we'll take it one game at a time.

I have to give the Tom Brady and the Patriots credit. They didn't make excuses for their defeat. As Tom simply put it, "We got our butts kicked." I have respect a man who's humble & honest.

I think I can hear Peyton saying, "Thank you, thank you very much."

5 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Jim Jordan said…

    Congratulations to your Colts. I watched the last quarter of the game at a Boston-themed pub here in Fort Lauderdale (everyone here is from somewhere else - there is also a Pittsburgh and a Buffalo bar et al). The atmosphere of polite resignation was very relaxing.
    Just eight more games to go. Good luck!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Clandestine said…

    thank you for the update, knowitallmom. Do you have a blog or are you a 'real-life' friend of jojo's?

    I'll be keeping them all in my thoughts.

    Thanks again.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger steve said…

    I am praying JoJo.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger JodiTucker said…

    more prayers----Thy will be done....from Jodi in OH

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Dear JoJo -

    We'll be praying.

    Blessings,
    Anna

    Thanks knowitallmom for the prayer alert.

    Anna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home