Living for Christ

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Carrie Won!

Ok - I wrote this post last night, but somehow, when I pushed the "publish post" button, it disappeared. I should have learned my lesson from this happening before, and save my post into a file first, just in case, but nooooooo, I guess I learn things the hard way.

Anyway, Carrie is the new American Idol! I have to say I'm surprised. I really thought Bo would win, since we have never had a "Rock Idol" before - but, oh well, what do I know. Simon did predict Carrie, after all, and he's been pretty much on the mark all year. So, congratulations Carrie!

I wanted to share my day on Monday with you. I went to Indy to take my best friend out to lunch for her b-day. I also planned on going to JoAnn fabric to pick up a few things. I told her she could pick anywhere she wanted to eat. So she decided on Charleston's. So, we get there & get a nice booth by the window. After looking over the menu, we decide to split the Chicken Picatto. It consisted of 2 chicken breasts, in some sort of lemony butter sauce (I know there was way more to that sauce) with chopped asparagus, tomatoes, capers, and artichokes. It was served with garlic mashed potatoes. Oh my goodness, was it ever delicious! I told my husband to prepare to take me there periodically to have my cravings satisfied. That is one dish I will definitely need more of!

While we were sitting there enjoying the meal, and our visit, she suggests we go up the street to "Maggie Moo's" for dessert. She had been telling me for months about this place, and that they have the best ice cream around. So, being the sweet lover that I am, I agree.

We walk in the place and the smell got my mouth watering right away. After looking over the menu, I decide on the richest chocolatey selection they offer - complete only in a waffle cone, of course. She chose a small something in a dish. So we head off to my car to enjoy our treats and visit some more. Now, for those of you who have never been to Maggie Moo's, they have a special way of making their special mix recipes. They take the ice cream scoop and put it on a chopping block, added a small chocolate bar, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate fudge topping and use the ice cream scoop to chop and mix it all - then they put it in the dish (or cone). So, when I get to the car and start eating, it is apparant right away that the waffle cone was a bad choice. It starts dripping down the cone on all sides. I am frantically trying to lick all the drips and eat the ice cream that's over the cone, all while grabbing napkin after napkin from my glove box to catch what I'm not getting. I was feeling like quite the messy pig. My friend is sitting over there with her nice little dish, eating her nice little bites, while I'm over here making all kinds of slurping noises and such. GROSS! So, we finally finish our wonderfully delicious treats and I gather the trash to throw away. When I get out of the car, I notice there is a huge melted chocolate mess in my seat - AND ALL OVER THE BACK OF MY PANTS!! My "friend" starts laughing and handing my napkins - that do little to clean up such a sticky mess. After realizing it is gonna take some water to clean this mess, I walk back into Maggie Moo's and head to the restroom - all the while, very self-conscience of what those in the place are thinking as they look at the mess on my behind. (think chocolate on the butt area - what would you think?!!) After several wet paper towels and much scrubbing, I proceeded to really rub it into my pants (they were dark denim, thank you God!) So I realize this is the best it's gonna get and I hold my head high and walk back to the car. I think I should have suggested a WARNING sign on their wall. Warning! Eat chocolate ice cream in a cone at your own risk! Anwyway - I tell my friend that we now are headed to Kohl's, next door, to find me some new pants. You have to admit it is a valid reason to go shopping.

So, of course Kohl's is having a good sale (Kohl's is always having a good sale!) and we proceed to go to the dressing room several times. And, a skirt, pair of slacks, three tops and some under garments later, we leave the store. Oh yea, she got several things too. :)

So, I never made it to JoAnn Fabric - but I did have a great meal, deliciously messy dessert and a wonderful visit with my friend. I admit, it was a day I won't soon forget!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home