Living for Christ

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Hello Friends,
I guess it's been awhile since I have shared any thoughts on here. So much to do, so little time. This week has been a whirlwind. Between work, laundry, house cleaning, track meets, visiting my daughter in the nursing home, cooking, sewing classes and church services, it has been a full week. But you know what? Even though I get a little burned out sometimes (Ok - a lot burned out) I just think about how blessed I am with health, a great family, many good friends and a loving Saviour and that helps keep things in perspective.

I tell you one thing I am really struggling with right now, is the fact that my son will get his driver's license this summer. How do they grow up so fast?!! I can remember those sleep deprived years and thinking they'd last forever - and now I wish I could go back to them. I think it makes it harder for me that in many ways it's like he is my only child. I have my precious Kristin, but with her severe brain damage, she cannot participate in life. She cannot walk or talk (or even sit up or hold her head up). Her life has definitly changed mine. But most of the changes are good ones. Anyway - that's a whole other blog post. But I just have this terrible fear that he will be in some terrible accident. I know he is in God's hands, but I still tremble with fear. (I'm sorry Lord) I guess I have seen so many bad things happen in life, and I love him so very much, I just want to protect him. God is definitly growing me in this area. (or He's trying to at least!)

Well, I have almost finished my first sewing project. I made a pair of pajama bottoms. The instructor chose the pattern and we could make anything from it that we wanted. I thought I'd start with the pants. Now, I need to do another pair on my own at home and see if I can do it by myself. (doubtful!) :) I already have two other projects I want to do - a pr of throw pillows for my hair salon (to go on a rattan couch I have in there) and a valance for the window in my shop. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Well, I must go for now - I have laundry to finish and some sewing I need to work on too. I hope you have a blessed week.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    aahhh - first haircuts - have done lots of those over the last 20 years.

    Yes, I hope you get to record a Christian album someday too - beautiful voice - should be used to glorify God

    I check you blog everday too and have been disappointed lately!! lol Ever since you wrote about not liking it when people don't keep up with daily postings you have slipped as well - lol Life is so full and busy. I must admit that I spend most of my free computer time catching up on Steven Bennett's blog. Have not seen you there much. Hope you have a nice visit with your inlaws. How did the housecleaning go? I have had good motivation the last 3 wks - because a friend has come over on Wed to watch American Idol - nothing like company to motivate me to clean!! Take care friend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home