Living for Christ

Monday, May 09, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

Wow - does time fly or is it just me? I seem to keep running out of time and can't get everything done. Having too much to do might be the problem. But I did find a couple hours to just relax yesterday (it was Mother's Day!) My mom lives on a small private lake of about 500 acres. My brother just bought a new boat - so after grilling steaks and pigging out - we went for a nice leisurely boat ride. It was great!

Today, however, back to the rat race. I had an appt this morning to get my hair done. Unfortunately I have a lot of gray genes and at only 39 yrs young, I have to have my hair colored to hide this fact. Then I got the oil changed in my car - only to find out that one of my tires only had 6lb of air pressure. I took it to the tire place - and they found a nail. I was so thankful that I had stopped to get the oil changed so they could find this before I headed out on the interstate. I had no idea!! Thank you Lord for protecting me!! Then off to visit my daughter. She was severely brain damaged at birth and lives in a special nursing home about 40 min from our home. There have been some problems at the nursing home and I found out one of the people I have come to love the most, lost her job there. I am so upset!! And I found out that a couple other good employees are leaving because of this. I had to just be honest with God and tell him I was feeling pretty confused about all this. I know He is in control, but frankly, things are looking a little scarey right now. I do know He will work it all out - but it's the "until then" that worries me. So, if anyone reads this who believes in the power of prayer, please pray for God to replace all those who are gone or leaving with kind, loving, competent workers. And for me to have wisdom to do the right thing with all that is going on. (He'll know what you're talking about) Thank you.

One more thing to share. Last night my friend called and left a frantic message on my cell phone. Her 4 yr old neice had fallen and had such a jar from the fall that she quit breathing and was unconscience. They heard a loud crack when she fell and my friend, Lisa, was so scared. She asked for me to please call the prayer chain from our church and get the prayers going up for her. I did that and also called a couple other people to get her put on their prayer chains. Lisa called me later and said they could not find anything broken or injured after doing an X-ray and MRI. She quickly recognized the power of prayer and gave God all the praise. We do serve an awesome God. Nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home