Living for Christ

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Entering Blog Land

Today while posting my comments on another blog site I was asked why I didn't have my own blog. Frankly - I had never considered it. I was first introduced to blogging when our minister's son went oversees and sent us his blogsite. I had never heard of blogging before this. Then my next experience came with the Terri Shiavo case. I visited her blog several times a day. Recently I have been visiting Stephen Bennett's blogsite. This is where someone inquired as to why I didn't have my own blogspot. I guess this person wanted to see what I was all about since I had posted some comments on Stephen's blog. Well - now I have officially claimed my own piece of blog land. Ta Da!!

Today was the most beautiful day. Sunny and 80 degrees. I got to spend some time outside planting flowers and weeding some of our landscaping beds. We made the big mistake of letting things go last fall and boy does my back hurt!! It's a hairdresser thing. Doesn't help that I'm tall and have very weak stomach muscles. Having kids really destroyed my stomach. But it was a good trade. :)

Well - this is all for tonight. I will post more tomorrow. May God be the Light in your life.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Hey JoJo,

    I see you've gone and done it :):) Welcome to "Bogger" country. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

    Hope you had a nice Mother's Day! We went bowling!!! Can you imagine?? I'm 50 and havent' been in years...I'm gonna pay for it big time. But, had a great time with two of my grown kids.

    Well, I'll talk to you soon. I don't know if you told me where you live, but...it's beautiful here today in VA. Hope it's nice there too...

    Love,
    Melanie

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hello Mel & Nicole - I was so excited to actually find you had read and responded to my blog. Welcome to my little piece of cyberspace. Ha! Yes - I did have a wonderful mother's day. I used to bowl in a women's league several years ago. I was only average, but we had a lot of fun. I live in Indiana and have my whole life. I have not been to Virginia yet - but would love to visit there. I see things in the vacation magazines and it looks so pretty there. I also wanted to tell you how much I loved your latest post Melanie, about the pink cookie lady. I can really relate to you and I love to read what you share. Your faith is so genuine. Hope to talk to you both soon. God Bless!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Hi Jojo,

    (hi Nicole, also :) Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. As for me, I was right..today I'm hurting more than yesterday! Gotta keep thinking about how much fun it was :):)

    Jojo, you are so encouraging! Thank you for taking the time to read what I write. It's always good to hear how it comes across to others. You know?

    Anyway, I got an email from the jail ministry, I'll be starting there on Sunday. (leading worship) So keep me in your prayers.:):)

    Have a great day and don't stand on your feet too long:)

    Love,
    Melanie

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger mamalicious said…

    Hi Jo Jo;

    Just curious - where are you from in Indiana? I lived there for the first 29 years of my life. Indianapolis...

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Wow - more posts - fun fun! I live about an hour from Indy About half way between Indy and Cincinnati - Go to Indy alot - that is where I go to shop the most. Usually Greenwood or Castelton.

    Melanie - I am interested in prison (or jail) ministry. Called to check about it one time because I had a customer who had a step-son in prison. It is something that comes up once in ahwile and I think I need to pursue it - but then I don't because I don't know how to add anything else to the schedule right now. It's just that someone who is in jail has obviously taken some wrong turns and it seems to perfect opportunity to tell them there is hope. Keep me posted how that goes. (& how you got into it)

    I won't have to stand too long today - I only work about 3 hrs because of Dustin's track meet. It is a conference meet so there are 9 teams competing. Will be a long evening - but the weather is so beautiful. Gotta run for now. God Bless!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Knitty Kitty said…

    Thanks for your interest in my blog. "Jesus Allah Buddah Spongebob" is a reference from the Simpsons.. I appreciate your opinion but still feel that every woman should still be given the same choice you had.

    - Little Miss Knit

     

Post a Comment

<< Home