Living for Christ

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Singing All Week!

As I told you in my last post, this week has been our VBS. Some of my fondest memories from attending VBS as a child, are the songs we sang. Well, Christian music has changed a great deal over the last several years, and we sing very few of the old ones I used to sing. (Zaccheus; This Little Light of Mine;Joy Joy Joy etc) But the thing that has not changed is the way the songs stick in your head. I've been singing all week! :)

All the songs we are doing are great - but my very favorite is called, "Be Like Jesus". Here are the words:

I wanna be like Jesus
think like Jesus
do what He would do
in every way every where every day
let His love and grace shine through.

I wanna be like Jesus
so that Jesus
will be seen in me.
Father help me be
like Jesus.

I hope this song is in the heart of everyone who attended this week.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Good morning Lepido,
    How sad to hear about your childhood. How I would love to hear your testimony of coming to believe in Jesus. What about your parents? Did they become believers? Do you have any siblings?

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hello MH,
    So glad you came to visit my blog. Welcome! I am sure our songs of praise are sweet music to Jesus' ears no matter whether we can carry a tune or not.

    I will definitely pray for you.

    Father, we sing your praises because Holy Holy Holy is your name. We turn our backs and forget you and still, you reach out in love. Thank you for my new friend, MH. I ask your protection over his life. He wants so much to be obedient to you Lord. You have promised that when we are tempted, you will provide a way out. Please be a constant reminder to him to look for your way out. Be a guard over his tongue so only words that bring you glory will escape. I pray that you help him to know how to answer his stepfather. Please restore their relationship. Where there is pride, bring humility. Where there is hurt, bring healing. Let there be forgiveness from both hearts, as you have forgiven. Thru Jesus we pray - Amen.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Jojo said…

    Hi MH,
    Had to laugh at your explaination. Guess I understand why you call yourself that. I didn't quite get the re-roof thing. Are you serious to re-roof in 30 yrs? Surely you can think of something to do now - right?

    So you like motorcycles huh? Harleys? How old are your kids?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home